Wike thanks Buhari for approving release of N78.9 billion as refund for federal road projects.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has sent a message of appreciation to President Muhammad Buhari for approving the release of funds used in executing Federal roads in the state by successive administration.
In a letter personally singed by the governor, titled: THANK YOU OUR DEAR PRESIDENT, Governor Wike said President Buhari has demonstrated love for the people of Rivers State.
see Wike’s full statement below:
THANK YOU OUR DEAR PRESIDENT
I wish to on behalf of the Government and people of Rivers State appreciate and most sincerely thank you for graciously approving the refund of the sum of 78.9 billion naira to Rivers state Government, as cost of the execution of Federal Government Road projects in Rivers State.
2. Let me also through you thank the vice president, His Excellency professor Yemi Osinbajo GCON as well as other members of the Federal Executive Council for the support they provided for our request.
3. Mr President has by this remarkable and heart-warming gesture shown not only your love for the Government and people of Rivers State, but also demonstrated expressly that you are indeed a President of every state of the Federation and Nigerians.
4. I assure you that Rivers State Government is willing and ever ready to cooperate and partner with the Federal Government to advance the development aspirations of Rivers State in particular, and our nation in general.
5. I wish to therefore appeal to Mr President to kindly obliged us a State visit, when invited to see what we have accomplished for the state and our people with the money.
6. Once again, thank you Mr President, and please, be assured of our profound esteem, as always.
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, CON, GSSR POS,
Governor, Rivers State