OBOLO YOUTH PRESIDENT, IJONAMA MKPON TAKES LEAD IN PROMOTING RURAL EDUCATION
…donates 50 desk to Rivers community school
As a way to enhance teaching and learning in schools as well as promote education in the rural communities in Rivers State, the First President-General of Obolo Youth Coalition, Worldwide, Hon. Ijonama Amon Mkpon last Monday, March 8, 2021 handed over 50 writing desks, 6 tables and 6 chairs to the community Primary School Samanga in Andoni Local Government Area.
Brave Views gathered that the 50 desks are part of a total of 60 number of desks the Youth President earlier promised the school, just as the remaining 10 desks would be handed over to the authorities of the school in due course.
We further learnt that the lofty initiative was conceived by the Obolo Youth President, Hon. Mkpon Amon Ijonama, adding that he sponsored 80% of the items while the remaining 20% was sponsored by few other individuals.
Presenting the desks to the Head Teacher of CPS Samanga, the Obolo Youth leader, Hon. Ijonama Mkpon charged the school authorities and the community to make judicious use of the desks, tables and chairs to enhance the academic performance of the children.
Ijonama Mkpon, who was represented by the Clerk of OYC Parliament, who doubles the Youth President of Samanga community, Comrade Gogo Ebirien Nteogwuile said: “The only way to end militancy, cultism and social vices is to invest in mass education of the youths; especially the children” and promised to complete the remaining desks, which are still under construction.
On his part, the Samanga Community Development Committee (CDC) Chairman, Mr. Unyeawaji Ebirien, represented by the CDC Secretary, Mr. Ebirien John Ijokgwung thanked Hon. Mkpon and others for coming to the rescue of the community and promised to work with the school to jealously protect the desks, tables and chairs for the benefit of the community.
Receiving the desks, the Head Teacher of CPS Samanga, Ven. Shedrack Ugong expressed his heartfelt appreciation to Hon. Mkpon, the Samanga Youth President, Nteogwuile and others for for the donation.
The Head Teacher said the action has put an end to the enormous hardship experience by the pupils of CPS Samanga who had no option than to seat on a bare floor to learn.
The Head Teacher disclosed that the school was established in 1957, regretted that the school is one of the schools in Andoni, operating without a single desk before the intervention of the Youth President.
He pledged to guard and protect the desks, tables and chairs not only to enhance academic performance of the children but to attract more of similar projects.