FEDERAL GOVERNMENT APPROVES ONLY LIST OF TEN MEDIA HOUSES TO COVER TRIAL OF NNAMDI KANU
The trial of the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi NNAMDI KANU is expected to resume today in a Federal High Court, Abuja.
In the meantime, the Federal Government approved only a list of ten media house to cover the court proceedings, an action seen as muzzling the right of the media, since it goes against constitutional provision to free press, as contained in Section 22 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Freedom Of The Press.
This is coming few hours to the trial despite the earlier stand of the Federal Government to allow for fair hearing in the case.
Kanu is facing an eleven count charge, bordering on treason, treasonable felony and illegal stock piling of fire arms.
Check out below the list of the media houses and Journalists allowed entrance to the Court Room for Kanu’s trial.
1. KAYODE LAWAL – HERALD (NAJUC CHAIRMAN)
2. VERA CHIWUBA – NTA (Plus Camera Man)
3. TAIYE AGBAJE – NAN (NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA)
4. ELLA DANIELS – CHANNELS (Plus Camera Man)
5. WUMI OBABORI – AIT (Plus Camera Man)
6. ERIC IKHILAE – NATIONS NEWSPAPERS
7. AMEH EJEKWONYILO – ONLINE PREMIUM TIMES
8. ALEX ENUMAH – THISDAY NEWSPAPERS
9. PASCHAL NJOKU – DAILY INDEPENDENT and
10. TINA IRIA – TVC (Plus Camera Man)