PHALGA MAYOR SET TO COMMISSION PROJECTS FROM MONDAY TO MARK ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
This report says that the Chairman of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, Sir ALLWELL IHUNDA has rolled out series of projects to be commissioned, as part of the celebration of his first Anniversary as the Chairman of Port Harcourt City LGA.
The commissioning of the projects is expected to begin on Monday September 26 and end on Wednesday 5th October 2022.
A statement signed by the council secretary, CHILE OWURU-KAY indicates that the Mayor, Sir ALLWELL IHUNDA cordially invites Traditional Council, Leaders, Stakeholders and the entire people of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area to the programme of activities.
Brave Views reports that the programmes are scheduled as follows;
I. Monday 26th September 2022. Commissioning Of Port Harcourt Digital Tools Mall, Rumuwoji Community by Chief Azubuike Nmerukini JP Ksc, Chairman Port Harcourt City Council Of Chiefs.
II. Tuesday 27th September 2022. 11am-Commissioning of Global ICT Centre, Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community by Hon.Victor Ihunwo JP. Former Mayor Of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area.
III. Wednesday 28th September 2022. 11am-Graduation/Celebration of Second Phase of skills Acquisition Programme.
IV. Thursday 29th September 2022. 11am- Commissioning of Ozuboko community hall by Hon. Smart Adoki – Member Representing PHALGA State Constituency II in the Rivers State House Of Assembly.
V. Tuesday 4th October 2022. 11am- Widows Empowerment Scheme at the city council hall.
VI. Wednesday 5th October 2022. 11am- Commissioning of the Healthcare Authority Building at the council premises.
The statement however, shows that already, the Mayor of Port Harcourt Commissioned a 12,000 litres Water Projects at the Bundu waterfronts, which had been handed over to the people.
The statement also assured that the Mayor of Port Harcourt, Sir ALLWELL IHUNDA would continue to fulfill all his campaign promises with his infrastructural developmental strives and human capacity development, describing the feat as a proper way to complement efforts of the Rivers State Governor, NYESOM WIKE.
“His productive leadership is bringing the dividends of democracy to the people of Port Harcourt, since his emergence as the Mayor of Port Harcourt on 17th of June, 2021”.
Below are 25 remarkable achievements of the Mayor of Port Harcourt, Sir ALLWELL IHUNDA within a year in office.
1. Construction of Port Harcourt City Council Health Care Center.
2. Construction of Port Harcourt Digital Tools Mall, Rumuwoji.
3. Construction of Global ICT center, Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
4. Construction of Ozuboko community Hall, Port Harcourt.
5. 12,000 litres capacity water project in Bundu waterfront.
6. Water project in Ojoto street, Mgbunduku Community, Port Harcourt.
7. Water project in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
8. Solar street lights in Rumuwoji community.
9. Solar street lights in Orochiri community.
10. Solar street lights in Orogbum community.
11. Completion and furnishing of NYSC apartment in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
12. Completion and furnishing of 200 sitting capacity assembly hall in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
13. Completion and furnishing of 6 classroom blocks in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School.
14. Drain desilting in Port Harcourt Cities.
15. 700 beneficiaries in different skills from the Entrepreneurship and empowerment Programme.
16. Scholarship for Port Harcourt Youth in Charkin Maritime Academy.
17. Furnishing of 70 offices in the Local Government Council.
18. Completion and furnishing of brand new procurement building.
19. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Wechie and Ikokeu streets.
20. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Abakiliki street, Rumuwoji community.
21. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Rumuoparaeli community.
22. Construction of erosion control of over 40ft deep, 100m long, 25m width and a pedestrian bridge in Akwuzu street, Rumuwoji community.
23. Construction of a retaining wall to control erosion in Victory Avenue, Elekahia, Port Harcourt.
24. Sustained vigorous fight against illegal bunkery activities (kpofire).
25. Restoration of the Motor Park Status in the Abali Motor Park.